Understanding how the heart works and finding ways to keep it healthy may help you improve your heart health. Although certain cardiovascular issues are due to factors like genetics and family history; other times, cardiovascular issues can develop due to changeable factors like poor diet, obesity, and smoking. Improving your health doesn’t have to be a drastic change; instead, you can start by making small adjustments to your lifestyle.
In this post, we will discuss simple ways to improve your heart health. At Buckeye Heart & Vascular Institute we are committed to helping our patients achieve better cardiovascular and vascular health. We work closely with our patients to coordinate the care they need. If you would like to learn more about our services, contact our Dayton, OH cardiology office.
Steps To Improve Your Heart Health
Here are a few steps you can take to improve your heart health:
- Try doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day; whether that is taking a short walk or going for a swim, it’s a great way to get the heart pumping.
- Eat a proper diet. Eating the necessary amount of healthy fruits, vegetables, and proteins can improve your health.
- Quit smoking. Smoking can increase your risk of heart disease and other serious health problems. Work with your physician to find ways to quit smoking.
- Manage your stress. Find ways to reduce stress throughout the day.
- Drink more water. Water is important for your overall health so staying hydrated is key.
- Improve your sleep quality. Sleeping helps reduce stress and can even affect your blood pressure. If you have a difficult time falling or staying asleep, you may want to talk to your doctor.
If you would like to learn more about improving your heart health, you can visit our team at Buckeye Heart & Vascular Institute. Call our office to schedule an appointment, or schedule an appointment online.